Mor Hafren: Energy Recovery Facility
Received 27 November 2020
From Wayne Harrington
“I strongly object to Mor Hafrens planning application ref: DNS3236340 for the following reasons:
- The implications to the health of our children and grandchildren are extremely concerning especially as this is a residential area with many schools close to the planned site. Although I'm sure we will be told the emissions will be within 'safe levels' the area is already heavily polluted and in a state of carbon emergency and this incinerator would make things so much worse.
- The building is far too large for this environmentally protected area. It would stand out like a sore thumb in this relatively flat landscape.
- I believe there to be much cleaner technology options that could be used to get rid of waste than what is being proposed for this site.
- The roads in this area are already heavily congested and the huge increase in traffic this plant will bring would be extremely disruptive to the local residents and will add to the local pollution levels.
- We already have a burner in Cardiff, siting another one in the area is irresponsible and damaging to residents.
- Emissions released and the smell and noise that will be generated from this will make life in this residential area very unpleasant.